Silane/Siloxane sealers are a deep penetrating liquid designed to protect concrete structures, decks, and surfaces agianst the adverse effects of deicing salts, moisture, weathering and freeze damage. They can be applied to any siliceous material, even in a damp environment. These sealers can be used on vertical or horizontal applications. Once the silane molecules penetrates the surface, it chemically react with and bonds to the concrete or masonry substrate.
NOTE: Some manufacturers have developed some hybrids formulas to improves their sealers performances.
Where to Use
- Sealing of parking garages ramps and decks or parkades
- Bridges decks and abutments
- Barrier walls
- Penetrate deep into the substrate
- Last for many years
- The deep penetration protects it from weathering, ultra violet radiation and abrasion
- Significantly reduce chloride ion intrusion and will enable concrete and masonry to breathe. Corrosion activity of the structure can therefore be reduced.
- Provides a low cost protection system over the life of a structure